Managing Family Law Attorney
Arizona State University
- Bachelor of Science, Political Science
University of San Diego
- Juris Doctorate
- United States District Court
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Best Lawyers in America – 2021
- Recipient of the James Waite Mahoney Award for meritorious service to the Arizona Juvenile Law Section – 2020
- Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona – 2019
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale Hubbell
- Client Champion Award Platinum by Martindale Hubbell
- Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Client’s Choice by Avvo
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Judge Pro Tempore, Maricopa County Superior Court – 2019-2020
- Chair Elect: Arizona State Bar, Juvenile Law Section
- Chair of the Arizona State Bar Convention: Arizona State Bar, Juvenile Law Section
- Maricopa County Bar, Family Law Section: Co-Chair
- Maricopa County Family Law Initiatives Committee Member
- Member of the Maricopa County Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona, Family Law Section
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Board of Directors Member for local non-profit, Skate After School
- Former Assistant Attorney General for the Department of Child Safety
- Extensive Trial Experience
- Interviewed and quoted by the Arizona Republic
- Interviewed by Inside Edition
- Quoted by CNN and The Washington Post
- Former Court Appointed Special Advocate (C.A.S.A.) for foster care children
- Moderated multiple Judicial Panels
Nicholas Boca is here to help you navigate this difficult time in your life. Nicholas confidently provides aggressive and effective representation as a result of his extensive courtroom experience. He thrives under the pressure of contentious family law cases, while lending a patient and empathetic ear to his clients, easing their worries during these difficult cases. Taking pride in reaching agreements, Nicholas’ courtroom experience, informs his advice in reaching settlements. His knowledge of how issues are dealt with in a courtroom setting leads to successful negotiation and settlement of family cases.
A Phoenix, AZ native, Nicholas graduated from Arizona State University, with a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science. He went on to receive his law degree from the University of San Diego. During law school, Nicholas interned at Viacom—believing he wanted to practice entertainment law—writing and reviewing contracts for MTV, VH1, and Comedy Central. Through this experience, he learned that transactional law was not for him, and instead pursued a career as a trial attorney.
Nicholas began his legal career as an Assistant Attorney General with the Arizona Attorney General’s Office, representing the Department of Child Safety. In this position, he appeared in several hundred juvenile court hearings, mediations, and trials.
Upon leaving the Attorney General’s Office, Nicholas started as an attorney with Cantor Law Group, where he now is the Managing Family Law Attorney. With Cantor Law Group, Nicholas’ trial experience continues to build, handling extremely contentious custody matters, along with high-net worth, complex, and high-profile cases, including representing athletes and celebrities.
Nicholas’ practice includes, dissolution of marriage, legal separation, high net worth/complex divorces, prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements, child support, paternity, parenting time, legal decision-making (formerly “custody”), spousal maintenance, modifications and enforcement of existing orders, relocation, orders of protection, injunctions against harassment, grandparent rights, DCS cases, dependency, guardianship, termination of parental rights, and adoption. He represents people in all walks of life throughout Arizona and Nationwide.
Nicholas is involved in the Arizona legal community, conducting Continuing Legal Education Events for other Arizona family law attorneys, through the State Bar of Arizona and Maricopa County Bar Association. For example, chairing the Juvenile Law Section Arizona State Bar Convention for 2020, along with moderating Judge panels for the Arizona Family Law Bar. Additionally, he is involved in his community having sitting on the Board of Director for six years for Skate After School a local non-profit organization, partnering with schools to provide skateboard instruction to underserved youth.
Personally, Nicholas spends his free time with his beautiful Wife and two Children, and has been playing the drums and guitar in bands for over twenty years.