Martindale-Hubbell is the premier website to use when searching for an attorney for your legal issues. It is a comprehensive database of all attorneys in the area, providing information such as areas of practice, as well as firm and attorney bios. While Martindale-Hubbell contains factual information regarding attorneys, it also has a ratings system used by legal peers, such as other attorneys, judiciaries, and members of the bar.
The Peer Review Ratings can give a prospective client a good sense of an attorney’s professional abilities, as well as whether their ethical standards are high. It takes a certain number of reviews to achieve each level of rating and an attorney typically has to be admitted to the bar for around three years before the first survey is conducted.
There are three levels to the ratings system – Rated, BV Distinguished, and AV Preeminent, which is the highest rating possible. When searching for legal counsel, it is definitely wise to find an attorney with an AV rating. The first criteria to achieving the AV rating is to be rated “Very High” on the General Ethical Standards section. David Cantor and the Cantor Law Group is AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell.
The second criteria for an AV rating is a little more complex and can really provide you with an insight to the attorney that received this prestigious high rating. It is called Legal Ability and is predicated on the attorney’s ability to perform highly in these five categories:
- Legal Knowledge: The attorney must be very familiar with the laws regarding the area of law they practice.
- Legal Experience: The attorney must have a high level of experience in the area of law they practice.
- Judgment: The attorney must show that they are aware of the prominent factors that could affect the outcome of a case.
- Analytical Capabilities: The attorney must demonstrate creativity with regard to analyzing the legal issues of a case, and applying the appropriate technical knowledge.
- Communication Ability: The attorney must have good communication skills and be able to be persuasive while remaining credible.
If an attorney or firm has been given an AV rating, it means their peers respect them as lawyers and respect the law firms they work for. Attorneys with this rating are honest, ethical, moral, and give the necessary individual attention to their cases and clients.
A Divorce in Arizona without children or a Divorce with child custody matters can both be stressful and emotional. A family law firm like the Cantor Law Group is very understanding of these issues and we will provide professional and emotional guidance to you and your family throughout this process. If you would like to speak with an attorney with the Cantor Law Group, please give us a call at (602) 254-8880. You can also use our secure, confidential form to send us an email.